Trust Our Experience. Protect Your Position. 

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Personal Injury
  4.  » Wrongful Death

Aggressive Yet Compassionate Representation In Wrongful Death Cases

Understandably, wrongful death cases are extremely emotional. While no amount of money can bring your loved one back, these cases can provide a way forward when you’re struggling to pay medical bills and funeral expenses. Kaplan & Cruz, PLLC, has 70 years of combined experience handling these types of cases. Put your trust in a firm that gets results.

What You Should Know About Wrongful Death Cases

Whether your loved one suffered because of a drunk driving accident, assault and battery or manslaughter, we are here to build the strongest possible case after a fatal accident. It is important to act quickly, as Texas’ statute of limitations for filing a claim is two years from the date of the death. However, there are certain things that may extend this time limit: If the plaintiff is a minor; if the defendants weren’t known during that time period;  or if a mental and/or physical impairment prevented the plaintiff from filing a lawsuit on time.

It is important to note that not just anyone can file a wrongful death case as Texas has specific criteria. You can file a wrongful death lawsuit only if:

  • You are the surviving spouse.
  • You are the surviving child.
  • You are the surviving parents.
  • You are the personal representative of the estate of the deceased.

These claims are civil matters, and you can file a claim whether or not criminal charges are ever filed against the defendant. To win damages, we must prove that the defendant was intentionally negligent. We do this by gathering evidence to support our claim. Together, we will build the strongest possible case and demand justice for your loved one.

We Can Help; Call Today

If you have questions about a wrongful death case, it’s important that you talk to an attorney as soon as possible. We are here to help. Call our Dallas office at local 214-473-5774  or toll free 877-779-6001 or fill out our contact form.